Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grandma's...again

Yesterday I drove Will to Ellensburg and met up with Grandma Strege. We ate at McDonald's then I put him in her car and said goodbye. He wanted to know if I was coming with him but I told him I had to go home to daddy. He seemed ok with that. As they drove off I got really sad though. It's nice having the break but I still miss the little guy. I miss having him come into our room in the morning with that cute look on his face, his eyes half open and his hair a mess. I miss him saying "I love you mommy!" or pulling the chair into the kitchen to help with anything and everything. I miss seeing him walk around in his big boy underwear or doing his naked boy run after bath each night. Talking to him on the phone makes it even worse. But I know it's only a few days. We are headed to the cabin this weekend and grandma and grandpa are bringing him up there so we get to see him on Friday. In the meantime we are going to enjoy the quite and go to a movie. We will probably go see Evan Almighty tomorrow night. Woo hoo! We haven't been to a movie in sooooo long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...he sounds so sweet the way you described him coming into your room in the morning. Cameron does that, too, and it just melts my heart. I know you missed him like crazy, but I'm glad you and Neil were able to have some alone time together.