Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Bit of a scare last night
Last night Will was eating an ice cream sandwish and took too big of a bite. He tried to spit it out, which he always does, and I told him no, chew it up and eat it. Big mistake on my part because he didn't chew, he just swallowed. His eyes got big and he started gagging then craying. I grabbed him and started giving him the heimlich but nothing would come out. He was walking around in the kitchen looking at us with these big scared eyes. Neil grabbed him and tried doing the heimlich as well. He was still crying and scared and we were panicked. I then could tell that it was lodged in his throat but he was breathing so that made me feel a bit better. neil finally stuck his finger down his throat to try and get it out and it made Will gag and he threw up a bit and it came lose. He was then able to swallow it. It was so scarey and something I never want to go through again. I really feel like God was teling me something, to be careful. There are times I'll get his breakfast ready then run to the bathroom to go pee. Never again. I shudder to think what would have happened had I not been there. And of course, we were still shaking about it an hour later, but right after he swallowed it he got back in his chair to finish the sandwich! our first thought was to not let him, but we didn't want to freak him out anymore so we just watched him and made sure he took really small bites. I just wanted to keep giving him hugs last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment