Thursday, February 14, 2008

My butt...

is leaving the building! Well, part of it anyway. Back in September I joined Weight Watchers. I decided before I had Gabby that I was not going to keep those extra 10 lbs on like I did with Will. I was determined this time. So when Gabby was 5 weeks old (that seems so long ago!) I joined Weight Watchers. My goal was to lose 25 lbs. At first it was slow going. I'd lose a pound one week, .2 lbs the next, gain a pound the next. But I think my body was holding onto the weight since I was breast feeding. After about 2 months it really started to come off. I started going to the gym and decided to do the Couch to 5K program, which is a training program that helps you build up to running a 5K.

I'm proud to say that since I started in September I have lost 22 lbs! I only have 2.6 to go to reach my goal. My reward to myself is to go get a cute new hair style for my new body :) I've been working out 3 times a week (as has Neil, who has lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks!). Last night I went to the gym and ran for 32 minutes, which was three miles. I'm singing up for 5k races and really feel like this time I'm going to keep it off.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't fit into for a long time and a lot of my old clothes I had to get rid of. Right when I started WW I bought a nice new pair of pants. I bought them tight on purpose knowing I was going to lose weight. But now they fall off of me! Literally. I have to get them altered because they are so big on me. It's a great feeling :)

No comments: