I've been struggling lately with Gabby going to daycare, me working, her growing up, you name it. I think I'm having a harder time than with Will because this time I know it's the end. No more newborn phase, she's growing up. And it really hit home hard this weekend when, at 6 months, she decided to wean :( We tried for weeks to get her to take a bottle and finally, after trying 7 different ones, found one she liked. Well, I guess she liked it too much because she now only wants the bottle. I struggled with whether I should continue to feed in the morning and night, but she was not really wanting to do that either, so in the end I decided it was time to wean. It's been hard, both emotionally and physically. I'm in a lot of pain. Going cold turkey is not something I recommend! So many times I've wanted to just start feeing her again as I second guess myself. But I haven't.
Today she was suppose to start daycare which makes this all the more difficult. I had everything ready for her, her diapers, wipes, bottles. I made a ton of food for her yesterday and was emotionally ready to go. But then Vicki called today sick so Neil is staying home with both kids today. So I guess I have to prepare myself for tomorrow all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment