Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kiddo update

It's been awhile since I posted so I need to give an update on the kiddos.

Will

Will is doing great in preschool. The first few times I took him he wanted me to go with him to play outside, but now he lets me say goodbye to him at the door and he runs off to see his buddies. His best bud is a girl named Katryn. They play together all the time and he is always talking about her. When I pick him up in the evening he is always with her and he never wants to leave. Last week they had their school pictures and I can't wait to see how those turned out.

Every Wednesday they go to Chapel and I think he enjoys seeing Pastor Lassman since he has Chapel at our church. The last two weeks at church I taught Sunday school and will teach again in November. It was fun but I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Will does really well in Sunday school as long as he doesn't sit by Destiny. Those two together are trouble.

Will is growing like a weed and seems so tall to me. He's doing really well on his letters and numbers and Dr. Nohle was impressed with how well he can write. He saw him writing in a book at Gabby's doctor appointment. He's getting better at playing by himself. He started getting better once Gabby was born and I had to do things with her, and ever since he started preschool he's even better. His imagination is growing and he doesn't need me to guide him in play all the time. Neil and I are trying to make time to play with him so he doesn't feel left out. He also loves the Wii that I got for my birthday. At first he had a hard time with it, but now he beats Neil and I at games! He's really good at bowling.

Gabby

Gabby just had her 1 yr. appt. and weighed almost 21 lbs and is 30 inches. She is about 70% for height and 35% for weight. She has been doing really well, except that last week she was sick and had a bad ear infection. It took a full week for her to get over being sick but now that she feels better she is very fired up. She is in to everything and thinks she is pretty dang funny.

She is starting to say some words. She can say daddy very well and kind of knows things like book, again, more. She knows the signs for More and All done and uses them a lot, especially More. She's always wanting more food. I think she has a hollow leg like her brother. Her hair is getting long and she's really starting to look like a toddler. She's starting to figure out how to play with her brother and with us and is running all over the place. She can go up and down the stairs and quite often I'll go up to do something and discover there is a baby in the room with me.

All in all the kids are great. They keep us very busy and often times we live for bed time. But they are fun and cute most of the time and we are really enjoying them. Except when Will is whining or Gabby is pooping in the bath time. Then I want to ship them off to grandma and grandpa's house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...they are both so sweet!!

Heather said...

aww you have cute kiddos!