We had such a wonderful 4th of July.
Neil's parents were up and at 6pm we got a picnic dinner ready and headed over to the park. We put out our blankets and ate there. After that John and I took Will over to the kids area where they had all the bouncy toys. He had a good time there, though I did have to convince him to take his shoes off. He's got this weird thing with his shoes and socks lately. He doesn't want his feet to get cold so he always wants to leave them on.
Later I went back and hung out with Gabby while the rest of them went to get chocolate covered strawberries. Gabby was all over the place, trying to crawl on to other people's blankets. That little girl is a spit fire! At around 8pm I put Gabby in her stroller and walked around with her and was able to get her to sleep for an hour. The fire works started at 10pm and they were great! Will loved them and Gabby kept "oohing and aaaahing" at them. I thought she might be afraid but she thought they were really cool!
It took us awhile to get home, but we finally did at 11:30pm and everyone went to bed immediately. It was a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment