Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First week


So we got home Thursday morning and so far all is going great. Will is so good with her. He really likes her and wants to help out, with everything. He helps me burp her and always wants to see her poop! He helped give her her first bath last night and is very anxious for her to be big enough to play with.

He seems to be adjusting well. I think it helps that she sleeps so much so we can give him lots of attention. He has been having some listening issues that started before she was born. We are struggling with wanting to give him extra attention and love but not spoiling him and letting him get away with things. I am trying to give him lots of extra hugs though. We are both taking him to do things without Gabby when we can.

He went back to daycare today so that will be good for him. I think he needs to get back into his routine and it's good for him to play with his buddies and get all of that energy out of him. This weekend we are either going to the zoo or Remlinger Farms or on a train ride. Something that will be special for him.

Gabby sleeps all the time! She had a couple of nights that she didn't sleep great but last night she slept 4 hours at a time! She had her first doc appointment yesterday and was up to 7 lbs. She was 6 lb 8 oz at birth. The doc couldn't believe at 5 days she had surpassed her birth weight. I guess he forgot that Will did the same thing. I guess all those cookies I eat give me high calorie milk, LOL!

No comments: